General Service category posts (Vienna)
From time to time, the United Nations Office at Vienna requires short-term assistance (which could last from a few days to a few months) for such positions as security officers, administrative assistants and information technology personnel.
General Service staff (support staff) are recruited locally; in other words, they must be legal residents of Austria.
General requirements for General Service category posts
- Secondary-school education or equivalent level of vocational training
- Relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of one of the three working languages of the United Nations (English, French or Spanish); knowledge of another official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese or Russian) an advantage
- Clerical, typing and software skills (Microsoft Office, Excel etc.), as needed for the position
- Ability to work under pressure and with flexibility
- Ability to work productively and harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Be a legal resident of Austria
Specific requirements for Security Officer positions
Candidates are required to have one of the following:
- Two years of training or experience with a civilian police force
- Four years of experience in the military police or other relevant military experience
- A first-level university degree with a minimum of 18 months of experience working in security
All candidates for General Service category posts are required to pass a skills test (typing, general clerical skills, accounting, security skills etc.). Tests are administered by invitation only.
How to apply
Persons meeting the above requirements and interested in having their name added to the short-term employment roster should complete a
personal history form or a personal history profile and send it to:
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Human Resources Management Service
PO Box 500
Owing to the high number of applications received, confirmation of receipt cannot be provided. Applicants are contacted only when short-term assistance is needed.