The Protocol and NGO Liaison Service at the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV) facilitates the participation of NGOs
in consultative status with ECOSOC in United Nations activities taking place on the premises of the United Nations Office
at Vienna. This includes organizing requisite accreditation.
Each NGO in consultative status with ECOSOC can designate representatives to obtain passes for the UN premises, valid until
31 December of each year. A maximum of 5 such passes can be issued for New York, 5 for Geneva, and 5 for Vienna, in addition
to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and the President or Chief Executive (2 additional passes).
To apply for an annual ground pass, please follow these steps
- Provide a formal letter on the official letterhead of the organization, signed by your Chief Executive/President, designating
a maximum of five representatives for annual passes (plus two for the CEO and Chief Executive). Please note that any signature
other than that of your Chief Executive/President will not be accepted. The letter should be forwarded to the NGO Liaison
Service, United Nations Office at Vienna, either by, e-mail: email@example.com or post;
- Pre-register your information online
- Please note that the President/Chief Executive Officer or Chief Administrative Officer MUST BE nominated in each location
for any letter to be accepted. Failure to nominate at least one of them will prevent approval of any request for passes. All
requests for passes must be made online. Fax, email and paper requests will not be considered.
- Bring a picture ID to the VIC Pass Office located at Gate 1 of the Vienna International Centre, from Monday to Friday,
from 8:00 am to 4 pm where a ground pass will be issued (the person must be present). There is no time limit for obtaining
the pass. It may be issued at the first convenient opportunity or while attending a meeting organized at UNOV/UNODC.
- If your request concerns the designation of a delegate of your organization in replacement of another delegate, please
return the valid ground pass before submitting the new request. No new pass will be issued before the one to be cancelled
has been returned.
- By designating your representatives for a ground pass, you entitle them to interact with UN staff and government representatives
on behalf of your organization.