In accordance with ECOSOC 1996/31, which governs
the consultative arrangements between the United Nations and NGOs, accommodation may be provided for conferences or smaller
meetings of NGOs with consultative status.
Premises may only be granted for activities that are in keeping with
the United Nations purposes and objectives, as defined in the Charter,
and are strictly non-commercial.
Meeting rooms may be requested only by President / Chief Administrative Officer
of the non-governmental organizations through the NGO Liaison Office of UNOV. Upon availability, rooms may be at the disposal
of NGOs for the following purposes:
- For consultations with the Secretariat and/or Governments and/or other Non-Governmental Organizations on matters related
to the concerns of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC);
- For meetings, seminars and conferences
related to the concerns of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) and involving the participation
of one or more sections of the Secretariat;
- For meetings, seminars, conferences and consultations related to the procedures
of consultative status.
- For meetings, seminars, conferences and consultations related to the procedures of consultative
status. This facility can be reserved by completing the attached meeting
request form and sending it by email to the NGO Liaison Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rooms cannot be made available for NGOs to:
- Conduct their own organizational business
- Advance its own purpose